the last few days were not my luckiest.
1.thursday: I've got a flat tire!!!
On my way to work, my tire blew up. though i didn't panic, i also didn't know what to do. i did not pull over or stop. i also don't know how to change tires, and i was running late for work. (tsk, tsk). moreover, i didn't like the idea of waiting for some road assistance for hours while some babies are also waiting to be taken cared for in the hosp. i thought that if i'd be late for 2 or 3 hours at work, it'd take a while for me to catch up, and i'd surely have a terrible night. i noticed i was almost 8 or 9 blocks away from the parking lot, so i just slowed down and headed there even if i was running with a flat tire (my bad). good thing i was able to make it to the parking lot, with my car still intact.
I wasn't late, but i still had a terrible night at work... assignment was kinda heavy. 'nuff said.
And because i was so busy that night, i was the last one who clocked out the next morning. my charge and co-workers waited for me in the parking area, but they got tired of waiting, so only ate R, a filpino co-worker was left there when i finally arrived. A security officer helped me change tires. No, He changed my tire. i don't think i was able to help at all.
*Thank you, Mr. Johnny Norwood!!! I really appreciate it*
2. Friday- i was supposed to go to an auto store/mechanic to buy a new tire. (the old tire looks really bad, nobody thinks it can be fixed) But since i was so tired from last night's work, i opted to sleep first for just a few hours. And... i overslept. i woke up at around 4pm. very nice, indeed. my relative offered to accompany me, but i have to meet him at his place (which is like, a 40-min drive, and it was already dark). when we got to the first auto store, they didn't have the same exact tire i have. so, we went to the competitor store. unfortunately, it was already closed. So, i went home, still running with the 'donut' spare tire on my car.
3. Saturday- first thing in the morning, i headed to my dealer's auto services dept. and know what? they also don't have the same exact tire i have. they still have to order it and if i'm lucky, the said tire would be available in 2 days. I went to another auto store, and it was the same thing. I went to the last tire store i know... same thing. but... they told me that one of their branches on the other side of the city has the same exact tire as mine, and it's the last one. i called the store, and asked for directions, even if i'm not pretty confident i could go there. And, i was impressed, coz they told me they could transfer the said tire to where i am, i just have to wait for an hour and a half. i agreed coz i don't really wanna drive on the freeway with my 'donut' spare tire on.
I didn't wait for 1 & 1/2 hour. i just waited for almost 6 hours to get my tire fixed! it took forever for the new tire to be delivered. good heavens! but it was okay. my car was fixed, so i really didn't bother to be angry that time. besides, the frontdesk guy was cute, he he. and i could really see that he's concerned with my car, coz he looks at my direction from time to time. He offered sincere apology for the delay, and even gave me a $30 discount for the tire. it wasn't really that bad.
4. Sunday/monday ('twas almost midnight): I developed a rash!!!! and it was itching as hell!
i thought it's probably an allergy. must be something i ate. but it's weird, coz i didn't have it on my face & body. it was localized on my extremities, so i ruled out food as a cause. i thought of soaps/lotions as the culprit, but i've been using the same old things, and i haven't had a rash since i first used them. not until now.
5. tuesday- still itching. rash hasn't subsided. called in sick @ work.
i went to st. joe's ER (up to this time, i haven't found a family doctor yet), and have the rash checked. one good news. it isn't infectious/contagious, so it's okay for people to be with me. (he he... my friends cannot insult me) but, we cannot determine the probable cause. food is definitely not the culprit coz i should've had it all over my body if it was sumthn i ate. the NP's suspect is a lotion or soap, but we really cannot tell, coz i have been using the same stuffs ever since, and nothing ever happened before. really weird. She gave me a bunch of medicine to take though.
6. Tuesday night- Traffic offense: beating the red light.
my friend D offered to take me to the ER earlier, and after we filled up the prescriptions, we went out to eat. (by the way, she was driving) And, to complete the series of unfortunate events... she went on a red light.... and, luckily, there was a patrol on our side, so the officer followed us, and asked for her license and car insurance.
* Now, it's wednesday, and i hope that my not so lucky days are over. i hope that my rash is gone when i wake up this afternoon too. or that, it wouldn't itch that much anymore. *
*anyway, i just remembered my friends reprimanded me for not pulling over when i've had a flat tire. they told me i might have caused an accident (didn't happen, anyway) if things have gotten worse. i felt bad about it, but what's done is done. at least now, i know what to do. *